Preguntas de Ciudadania para Excepción 65/20
1. What is one right or freedom from the First Amendment?
▪ petition the government
2. What is the economic system in the United States?
▪ capitalist economy
▪ market economy
3. Name one branch or part of the government.
▪ the courts
4. What are the two parts of the U.S. Congress?
▪ the Senate and House (of Representatives)
5. Who is one of your state’s U.S. Senators now?
Encuentre aqui sus Senadores.
6. In what month do we vote for President?
7. What is the name of the President of the United States now?
Ver aqui Presidente de los EE.UU.
8. What is the capital of your state?
Ver aqui las capital de su estado.
9. What are the two major political parties in the United States?
▪ Democratic and Republican
10. What is one responsibility that is only for United States citizens?
▪ serve on a jury
▪ vote in a federal election
11. How old do citizens have to be to vote for President?
▪ eighteen (18) and older
12. When is the last day you can send in federal income tax forms?
▪ April 15
13. Who was the first President?
▪ (George) Washington
14. What was one important thing that Abraham Lincoln did?
▪ freed the slaves (Emancipation Proclamation)
▪ saved (or preserved) the Union
▪ led the United States during the Civil War
15. Name one war fought by the United States in the 1900s.
▪ World War I
▪ World War II
▪ Korean War
▪ Vietnam War
▪ (Persian) Gulf War
16. What did Martin Luther King, Jr. do?
▪ fought for civil rights
▪ worked for equality for all Americans
17. What is the capital of the United States?
▪ Washington, D.C.
18. Where is the Statue of Liberty?
▪ New York (Harbor)
▪ Liberty Island
También se acepta: New Jersey, near New York City, and on the Hudson (River).
19. Why does the flag have 50 stars?
▪ because there is one star for each state
▪ because each star represents a state
▪ because there are 50 states
20. When do we celebrate Independence Day?
▪ July 4